Here's how you can support Executive Directive 11, Virginia's carbon reduction plan.
1. Outreach: Help us spread the word and get more folks to attend the hearings! -Here is a sample outreach email
2. Write a Letter to the Editor! Use our online help guide here!
3. Share on social media! You can use one of our sample posts for inspiration!
4. Save the Date! Press conference and rally for the Richmond hearing on 3/19!
6. Patriciate in a coordination call this Friday at 3pm. Call in to 866-501-6174 and use access code 1488 323# to join the call!
Sierra Club has created a resources folder to help you along with "Mission Control" document, where you can find details for all the hearings, update your number of confirmed attendees and testifiers.
Thank Mayor Alexander for signing the Global Covent of Mayors.
Narrated by Robert Redford
Three cities in Virginia have already signed on to the Global Covenant of Mayors, to signal their intention to fight climate change and sea level rise by cutting carbon emission levels. The cities’ plans are an inspiration to read, for their detailed analysis of their city’s output of carbon and where it comes from, and their concrete ideas and goals for how to cut that carbon in the coming years.